Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Product Reviews

Gear and Gadgets

Running Skirts

I've tried several brands - Skirt Sports Gym Girls and Marathon Girls, RunningSkirts.com and a skirt from New Balance. Really, I've tried a bunch! The running skirt from RunningSkirts.com is by far my favourite. No more bunching up of shorts on the run!

Sports Bras

I tested out several different brands of sports bras to determine how well they would perform in a triathlon. I have also looked at three Moving Comfort bras in more detail.

Tech4O Running Watch

An alternative to a GPS based system!

Thule 912 Roadway 2 Bike Hitch Rack

What are your options for transporting bike by your car, and how easy is it to install a Thule hitch rack? Turns out it is really easy!

Nutrition

Hydration - nuun
Gels - Clif Shots, Hammer Gels, Gu
, Accel Gel
Chews - I've tried Sport Beans, Honey Stinger protein bars and chews. Sharkies and Clif Shot Blocs are not my favourite since I find they stick to my teeth!

Post-Workout Fueling


Cupcakes in Calgary

There are two formative cupcake shops in town - Crave and Buttercream Bakeshoppe. See what happens when an engineer sets these cupcakes to go head to head. For some reason this post continuously gets the most hits from far flung reaches of the world.

POM Wonderful

There are so many more possibilities than just drinking pomegranate juice. You can cook with it too! Every time I've cooked with POM Wonderful the food has turned out amazingly.


No comments: