Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My Trial BBC Experience

A friend of mine is currently finishing up a spring/summer session of Bikini Boot Camp here in Calgary. I've already signed up for the summer session, starting in July. I figured it would be a great way to XT and get some variety into my routine, especially before my mileage gets really high for the Goofy training. Last night was "bring a friend to BBC" night, so this was my chance to try it out before my session officially starts.

We met at a local park, right by the playground, and found out that it was circuit night. We warmed up with some jogging, hopping, walking on our toes, and walking on our heels. Now to the circuit....20 tricep dips, 20 sit ups with a partner and a medicine ball, 100 turns on the jump rope, 60 sec in a V-sit position on a stability disk, 60 side to side lunges, 20 reverse pull ups, 20 push ups, 20 chin ups, 20 rows with a resistance band, and 60 step ups. Once it was done, time to sprint up and down a hill a couple of times. Then back to the circuit. Whew, what a workout! I just started feeling my biceps and back muscles after all of that. (Thanks D for reminding me that soreness usually sets in 24 hours after the workout...) I'm looking forward to starting boot camp....it is certainly going to be a workout!

Saturday is also my fitness assessment date for BBC. We'll see how that goes....after all this training I've been doing, how fit am I?

No comments: