Monday, November 12, 2007

Sometimes bad runs happen to good people

It is a long weekend over here....today is a day off of work in lieu of Remembrance Day yesterday. And here I am at work. Things are so busy that I opted to come in and enjoy the quiet and get some work done. And well...now I'm blogging...but the ol' brain needed a break for a second or two and I thought I'd better write about the weekend runs before I forgot. I had a SLR of 4 mi on the books for Saturday and a LLR of 8 mi for Sunday. Saturday wound up being such a busy day with errands and plans that I decided to put off the run. I was going to lump it all into a nice 12 miler on Sunday....but I still had so much stuff going on that I decided to run 8 on Sunday and 4 on Monday instead. This weekend I went down downtown to run the reasonably populated pathway around the Bow River. I happened upon the Last Chance Half Marathon where I spotted Instructor S's husband running so I gave him a cheer as I waited for the racers to pass before I continued on the pathway. The 8 miles felt pretty good overall and I kept a consistent pace throughout. I ran the 4 miles today over lunch and my legs felt so sluggish. I'm not sure what it was due to - maybe the face that I was hungry, or that it was really windy, or that my legs just weren't feeling it. Interestingly enough, my pace was pretty similar on both days but today felt so much harder... Anyhow, the weekend runs are in the bag and now I'd better get back to work. Have a good one folks!

4 comments:

TNTcoach Ken said...

Okay SpeedRacer, it might be time to listen to your body! Sure Paula Radcliffe gave win a marathon after having a baby but she’s not human! Look at your running log and check to see the mileage you’ve accumulated over the past weeks. Hope you didn’t spend too much time at work.

DGB said...

Oh Leana, your such a keener.... wait, I'm at work too! Stupid reserves!

Angry Runner said...

Eh...shit happens. You got your mileage in and there will be some sort of aerobic benefit. I may end up running the marathon with you...

No Wetsuit Girl said...

I get that same sluggishness on days when I feel like I should be totally fresh. It probably means that that 8 miler was even better than you thought. I'm so impressed that you actually DO runs when you put them off!

It was a holiday here yesterday too and I HAD to go to work. *Pout*