Monday, December 10, 2007

8 on the 8th - DNS or DNF?

Ugh...so excuses, excuses, excuses. I ran once last week. I ran the Catch the Elves 10K and that was it. After putting in ridiculous amounts of overtime last week to get the oil and gas reserves of one property that I look after all calculated I was pooped. (One property down, one property left to go...) So despite having a group to run with on Saturday morning I instead opted to sleep in. So I slept until about 5 am when Maggie, in her usual morning-doggie sort of way, woke me up for her early pee break and snow eating session outside.

Grumble, grumble....back to bed until 9:30 when I woke up with a raging headache that would last all day. After barely being home for reasonable amounts of time these last few weeks I survey the damage and the place is a mess. So I put the importance of cleaning over running despite the fact that it looked gorgeous outside. Long story short I never ran on Saturday....so that looks like a DNS for 8 on the 8th. Now, we did have anywhere between December 7th and 9th to post the miles, but since I only ran 6.2 on Sunday that kinda makes it a DNF. Okay, enough whining....Elves race report to come later.

3 comments:

Marcy said...

Don't sweat it ;-) What a cute dog. Awwwwwwwhhhhh ;D ;D

Danielle said...

I had high hopes for running 15 this weekend and it didn't happen either, a whopping 8 for the week for me...so don't feel bad!! Part of why I don't have a dog...so don't want to get up early!!

TNTcoach Ken said...

She is human after all! AT least you were smart enuff to listen to your body. You can make up those miles in 2010!