Monday, January 28, 2008

Back in the saddle again...sort of

Stop the presses....I went out for my first post-Goofy run on Saturday. I met up with Instructor S and most of the gals I was running with just before the Nike race in October. Wow, it was great to be back running with a group! We took it pretty slow and finished up with 4.19 miles. We were supposed to be hovering around the freezing mark but the wind was blowing like you wouldn't believe and it was COLD. I had been suffering from a sore throat on Friday, so running into the wind on Saturday....when I was done I was well past the point of the Kathleen Turner/Kim Carnes "Bette Davis Eyes" type of voice and it was more of a croak. After the run we all went to A&W for some coffee and breakfast sandwiches and I showed of the bling from the Disney races. Two points from the morning:
  • When I told Instructor S that I wanted to run Goofy again...I think she would have given me a stern talking to if I told her that again would be in 2009.
  • Upon hearing my lovely voice she warned me of the bronchitis that had made its way around our group of Nike runners and that it started out just like this. As if on cue, enter the hacking up a lung syndrome today...
Most of this week is supposed to be around -22 deg F so I'm not predicting too much running, regardless of what happens with this whole sick thing. Not to mention that I'm losing a couple of wisdom teeth on Thursday as well... Anyhow, happy Monday all!

3 comments:

Downhillnut said...

Take extra vitamins, rest up, and drink some good hot tea. You don't need to run this week, especially with the weather, a cough, and dental extractions.

Watch a running movie or read a running book or something...

TNTcoach Ken said...

Yeah, take some time off and let your body heal itself. Plenty of fluids and rest! Hey, I could be a doctor!

Robert Barker said...

That sounds really cold, I don't think I could live in that.