Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Another long weekend?

This past weekend was another long one for me as it was Family Day on Monday. I fully appreciated having three days to relax at home. It was also a movie bonanza weekend. Here's what I saw:

  • Oceans 13: Not as good as 11, but oh so much better than 12. It made me miss Las Vegas from last weekend.
  • The Namesake: An interesting movie, but I suspect this is one of those cases where the book is much better than the film.
  • The Spiderwick Chronicles: I saw this one on the IMAX screen and it was pretty cool. Not as good as the Golden Compass, but definitely cool effects.
  • Jumper: Never have I heard so many people complain how bad a movie was after exiting the theatre. Too many tangents on the story line and the leads were not great...

Apart from that Neil and I made a fabulous dinner on Monday night. We made lamb shanks, polenta (strong enough to hold a wooden spoon upright) with gorgonzola cheese in it and sticky toffee pudding.

There may have been some wine consumed...
Voila, the finished result.

4 comments:

Benson said...

What a great weekend. And that meal looks oh so dang good. I'm drooling on my keyboard.

Angry Runner said...

Leana, You are a talented wine picker. I was once out at a business dinner with some "pressure" to get a bottle of wine, and I managed to get the Concha y Toro 2005(?) Merlot, and subsequently I impressed the folks at the table. That Chilean stuff is of very good value.

You are quite the gal, I'll say.

rocketpants said...

Nice polenta!! That is some talent there. I'm very impressed.

Danielle said...

I still need to see Oceans 13...I kind of liked 12 myself. Wine is good.