Friday, May 9, 2008

Weather - getting in the way of working out

Our forecast for yesterday:
Snowfall warning in effect.
Today Day: Rain mixed with snow changing to snow at times
heavy this afternoon. Rainfall amount 5 to 10 mm. Snowfall amount 5 to 10 cm.
Wind northeast 30 km/h. Temperature steady near plus 2.
Night: Snow at times heavy ending overnight then cloudy.
Amount 5 to 10 cm. Wind northeast 30 km/h becoming light this evening. Low minus 1.
Just before 4 pm the storm started rolling through. Sheena wound up cancelling our boot camp class because the pathway where we were supposed to run hill repeats was flooding and the roads were a mess. I debated running my own hill repeats around my neighborhood but the rain was just a bit too heavy and temperature just a bit too low so I figured it would be miserable out there. I also debated going to hot yoga, but the class would finish at 9:30 and I wasn't sure what things would be like if the rain turned to snow while I was in class. At the end of the day I wound up popping a strength training DVD in for a total body workout instead.

3 comments:

Downhillnut said...

At least you got some kind of work out.

Our last night of Learn to Run group actually turned out well. I cajoled a couple of runners into coming out with "show up and if it's terrible we'll go for coffee" and what do you know, the rain/snow/sleet/haily stuff stopped for the 50 minutes we ran.

Huh. Never did get coffee.

runningag said...

What? (gulp) Snow? (gulp) At this time of the year? (gulp) Hope it's not coming this way...

Scott said...

Unbelievable!! Nice work getting some form of workout in though.

(Did you sign up for the DL Half yet? bling...bling)