Friday, June 6, 2008

Shopping Spree

Yesterday I was inspired by RoadBunner's post of finding some great gear for her first tri so I did a little bit of online looking myself. A tri top, a pair of bike shorts, and two bike jerseys later I think I am well on my way to getting outfitted. Well, as soon as they arrive in the mail that is. The tri top was a fantastic deal and I thought, "Hey, I'll need that next year..." Then of course at some point the wheels in my brain start whirling and I remember a women's only tri that I had heard of that is coming up in August. Surely at a beginner friendly, women's only tri I may be able to doggie paddle my way through 750 m... Could I? Should I? Maybe one of these days I'll get down to one of the community pools to see just where my swimming is at...
---
Otherwise I've managed to bike to work three days out of this week, plus I hit all of my midweek runs as planned. I was a few minutes late leaving for my run to boot camp last night and wouldn't you know it, it turned into the downhill run that went nowhere but downhill. I had a massive knot in my right calve that felt mighty unpleasant. I rolled into bootcamp one or two minutes late, but since everyone was running to warm up I just joined in. The workout was a pretty good one - lots of work on the legs.
---
Coming up - a trip to the chiro to work out that nasty knot in my calf and a 12 miler tomorrow...

5 comments:

warriorwoman said...

Have you signed up?
You'll love it!

RoadBunner said...

Glad my tri-clothes gluttony encouraged some of your own! I'm planning on making a women-only sprint tri my first. Not that women aren't or shouldn't be competitive, but I figure we're probably nicer about not punching each other in the face during the swim. Or, at least that is what I'm hoping!

Alexandra said...

Oh! Another shopper! Sometimes it's all about the outfits!

I tagged you! Check out my blog post "Tagged on the Run" to see the details.

rocketpants said...

One of my first tri's was an all womans...totally beginner friendly. Over half of the women it was their first tri. Give it a go...i think you'd have tons of fun!

Danielle said...

I'm all for last minute deciding what the heck and going for it!!