Friday, September 26, 2008

Last race of the year?

It is hard to believe, but my last scheduled race for the year is this weekend, the Melissa's 10K race in Banff. Not having anything booked between now and the Disney Marathon feels a bit weird, but we'll see if that changes at all. It is definitely a change from last year when I turned in to a racing fiend in October. My legs are ridiculously sore, in a good way, from the biking and hill work this week. I was looking forward to a nice swim yesterday morning so that they could have a bit of a breather, but we wound up doing a lot of kicking in the warm up. Ouch! I'm heading for a massage after work, so hopefully my legs will be well rested in time to run hard at Melissa's tomorrow. Tomorrow is a bit of a test to see how well I can push myself through the hilly course and through the inevitable pain. Stay tuned to see if I push through, blow up, or throw up once I cross the finish line!

8 comments:

Viv said...

Best of luck to you this weekend!!

Wes said...

If you can do all, three, it will be one hell of a race :-) Have fun!!!

Bill said...

Well, you have been going pretty hard lately. Maybe taking a break will be kinda nice.

We're just getting into the full brunt of our running season... in the next few months, we've got:

- Expedition Everest Challenge
- Marine Corps Half Marathon
- Race for the Cure
- Tower of Terror 13k
- Outback Distance Classic (only the 6.5k)
- Las Vegas Marathon

And that's what leads us up to the Disney Half. After that, we've got the 26.2 with Donna, the Gate River Run, and the ING Georgia Marathon, and Lana's doing the Princess Half.

Enjoy the down time while you have it. I'm sure you'll pick up something pretty soon.

And good luck this weekend!!!

Alexandra said...

Good luck with your race tomorrow! Whether you push through, blow up or throw up, be sure to enjoy the scenery and have some fun! Look forward to reading your race report!

Laurel said...

Haha, don't throw up! Good luck!!!

Unknown said...

Here's hoping you don't throw up - have fun tomorrow! Maybe I'll make it out next year...

ShirleyPerly said...

Good luck to you on your 10K! Sounds like you've put your legs through the ringer this week. Hope they will carry you well to the finish. Believe it or not, I've never run a standalone 10K event before, ever!

teacherwoman said...

Good luck with the 10K!!!