Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Final Tuesday Night Group Ride

Just when things were getting started from a group ride perspective, now they are over. Last night was our final Tuesday night ride out at Horse Creek as we now move indoors in anticipation of the changing weather. We were rewarded with a pretty fabulous night last night though. It was 26 deg out...amazing! There was no plan, but I rode hard and attempted to play catch up with the group in front of me. I pushed the uphills and flew down the other side of them. I was on my own for most of the ride until the very end, when LA caught up to me. We had a sprint war for the final few minutes to see if we could catch the folks in front of us. It was absolutely exhilarating. Average speed for the ride? 18.6 mph, or 30 km/h. My out and back speeds were so close that I know I'm really improving on my uphills. Before I flew a lot faster on the way back than the way out.
---
This morning's run? Boring. I needed to get it done in the am, and truthfully, it is so dark in the mornings now that I didn't want to run in my neighborhood. So I headed to the Y for 3 music filled miles on the treadmill. I'm all about music-less running outside, but on the treadmill I need the distraction!

7 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

OMG, I'm not sure which I'm more impressed with riding in 26 degs or an 18.6mph avg -- both are GREAT!

Sorry your outdoor riding season is already over. The one spinning workout I went to so far has kicked my butt, though. I'm sure you'll maintain good cycling fitness riding indoors.

Laurel said...

I agree on the music + treadmill/no music +outside. I'm the same way.

Great job on the ride girl! You are so speedy!

rocketpants said...

NICE PACE!! Wow...bummer you are headed indoors. Tis that time of year.

Brooke said...

Wow! 26 degrees? Canada is cold! I may complain about Louisiana weather, but it's just started 'cooling' off here which means in the 60s in the morning...and I think that's cold! It's still in the 80s in the day, and even in the dead of winter will only be 50/70 for am/pm. Don't freeze up there!

Viv said...

Super ride in super cold weather! You are on speedy chica on the hilles!

Runner Leana said...

Oh, maybe I should mention it was 26 deg C, or 79 deg F? Really, it wasn't cold out..!

Bob Almighty said...

Treadmill workouts suck...not going to lie....I too feel you on the dark mornings..I've tried getting up at 6:30 the last two mornings only to concluded it was too dark to run and hence went back to bed.

I assuming 26C..or has the temp finally bottomed out up there..either way winter is coming soon and I'm not looking forward to it. although awesome ride!