First off, on the training front things are going well. I had a rest day on Monday, a good swim and a fantastic spin on Tuesday, and a nice and easy 30 minute run today. Last night's spin class was a lot of strength work and it was tough, but such a good workout.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my friends down in the US. Hopefully you all have a terrific weekend! While we had our Thanksgiving back in October, on my run today I was thinking about how thankful I was to all of you out there. I never would have thought that I was the type of person to put my life and pursuits out there for so many people to read, but it is amazing what having a blog has done. I have gone from couch potato, to occasional runner, to endurance racer. It helps me to have an outlet to talk about life and training, plus I think it helps to give my family and friends an idea of what I get up to. So many of you out there inspire me with your blogs, so thank you. A few worth a special mention:
- Shirley, who e-mails me back after every comment I leave on her blog.
- Viv, who is so inspirational, strong and honest. She takes the time to organize challenges and rustle up sponsors and prizes to keep us all motivated.
- Marcy, who always makes me laugh.
- Nikki, who got me into this whole running mess to start with. Reading her journey back to running has been amazing.
- There are those of you who have inspired me to venture down the multisport road, and to push the limits of my endurance.
This is by no means an exclusive list, but I just want to say thanks to everyone who stops by and reads my blog. Have a great Thanksgiving!