Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

First off, on the training front things are going well. I had a rest day on Monday, a good swim and a fantastic spin on Tuesday, and a nice and easy 30 minute run today. Last night's spin class was a lot of strength work and it was tough, but such a good workout.
---
Happy Thanksgiving to all of my friends down in the US. Hopefully you all have a terrific weekend! While we had our Thanksgiving back in October, on my run today I was thinking about how thankful I was to all of you out there. I never would have thought that I was the type of person to put my life and pursuits out there for so many people to read, but it is amazing what having a blog has done. I have gone from couch potato, to occasional runner, to endurance racer. It helps me to have an outlet to talk about life and training, plus I think it helps to give my family and friends an idea of what I get up to. So many of you out there inspire me with your blogs, so thank you. A few worth a special mention:
  • Folks like Wes, Rainmaker, Bob...who work hard and show that an Ironman can be within your reach.
  • Shirley, who e-mails me back after every comment I leave on her blog.
  • Viv, who is so inspirational, strong and honest. She takes the time to organize challenges and rustle up sponsors and prizes to keep us all motivated.
  • Marcy, who always makes me laugh.
  • Nikki, who got me into this whole running mess to start with. Reading her journey back to running has been amazing.
  • There are those of you who have inspired me to venture down the multisport road, and to push the limits of my endurance.

This is by no means an exclusive list, but I just want to say thanks to everyone who stops by and reads my blog. Have a great Thanksgiving!

12 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

a blog has definitely helped me out a lot too. I never thought anyone would read it, but it's been so inspiring to learn from others. :) You've come a long way, great job!

ShirleyPerly said...

Thanks for the shout-out!

I feel the same way about blogging. I was raised not to talk much about one's achievements or failures. And years of martial arts training was similar (we were not allowed to wear our black belts outside of class or share too much with others what we had to do to earn them). Endurance sports is more open and all inclusive. Much more fun and much less painful :-)

Sonia said...

Eh it's not our thanksgiving FYI!

Just kidding! =)

Blogger friends are the best!

Laurel said...

Have a great weekend, even though it's not a holiday for you :(

Great job on the workouts.

Unknown said...

Thanks Leana - your blog inspired me immensely (and I'm sure many others too). Starting my own has helped me reach some of my own goals this year and has been a fantastic way to learn and share with others.

Alexandra said...

What a nice gesture! This is a great place to find support and inspiration. It surprises me what I have learned since I started to blog.

By the way, I like the look as your blog design evolves! It looks like the colors match your bike!

Lily on the Road said...

You, my friend are an inspiration to many, many of us!! Thanks for always sharing....

Marlene said...

I don't imagine I ever would have come as far as I have without my blog and other blogs... it's been motivating and inspiring.

Great job on your workouts!

Run Mommy said...

Nice post! I also enjoy this little home on the net so I look forward to reading more!

Wes said...

You ROCK Leana! :-) {hugs}

Rainmaker said...

Wow! I gots a shoutout! :)

Thanks for the Happy Thansgiving thoughts! Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

It's amazing what you can accomplish when you set your mind to it.

Viv said...

Aww thanks for putting on that list leana with all the other awesome bloggers. I love stopping by here. You always remind me to have these make up dates with my workouts that I tend to bag otherwise...