Monday, November 24, 2008

A Spinning Side Project

On Monday night I was spinning in my garage and staring at my garage door thinking about how boring it was. I was too lazy to lug my bike and trainer up the stairs in to my living room though, and the temperature in the garage is much more friendly for spinning sessions. All of a sudden a light bulb went off in my head. I had a spare TV just sitting in my garage that I had no idea what to do with. I also had a spare DVD player in my basement collecting dust. This weekend one of my projects was to turn my my garage into a place a little more spinning friendly. As you can see, it was kind of messy as I've just been piling my helmet and other things in a heap on the floor.
I reorganized the moving boxes on the right side of my garage to make room (yes, I've been living in my house for over two years and I have not fully unpacked yet). After all, who wants to be spinning near a garbage can? I can also park further to the right so I won't be set up so close to my car. I set up a TV stand that I picked up from Ikea on Saturday night. Setting up the stand tested my engineering skills since it came without instructions... Ah, who needs instructions anyway?I also picked up a nifty little shelving unit to hold my helmet, shoes, spare tubes, shoe covers and all the gear that had just been piled up on the floor of the garage.Right now the TV is only hooked up to the DVD player, but I should be able to run cable through, so that will be another project sometime in the future.

21 comments:

Patricia said...

Cool setup!!!

Sonia said...

Lots of great spinning hours to come!! Neat little training gym! =)


I guess you're glad your team won last night .... =( We were pretty bummed here and it wasn't a very exciting game period. LOL

Wes said...

You call that messy? Ummmm... OK :-) I can't imagine how cold it is in your garage. I have a basement I avoid like the plague! LOL...

Bob Almighty said...

Sadly when I moved out my parents' they commendeered my TV So I'm going to have to take it back so I can get my spin on, with a similar setup.

Run Mommy said...

That looks like a great set up! Not to mention, your garage looks pretty tidy. Good luck!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

That's awesome! Great setup for some great workouts! :)

ShirleyPerly said...

A Woman Cave!!

Marlene said...

You have your very own little spin studio! It looks great. I can see that you'll want to spend even more time in there now.

Lauren said...

I love the movie Dave! Kevin Kline is hilarious! Lots of entertainment there. Looks like you have hours of spinning fun to look forward to! And yes, I just used 'spinning' and 'fun' in the same sentence!

Trihardist said...

Cozy.

And my family has been in our house for 10 YEARS, and we still haven't finished unpacking :-)

Viv said...

Oh Leana I love the set up. What a way to make it more fun to keep you going for longer!

Rainmaker said...

Very nicely done. I like little side projects that involve a combination of building something and making a situation better.

RoadBunner said...

Your garage now looks more homey than some people's living rooms!

Alexandra said...

Now you're all set for winter riding with your new set up! Enjoy!

I may have seen you in B.Hall today near the food court! I recognized the shoes!

Jen said...

SWEET! Love it...I want one.
Will it get too cold later in the winter?

rocketpants said...

Nice set up!! I'm sure you can now keep yourself entertained while spinning.

Nikemom said...

Love the setup!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Marathon Maritza said...

Oooooh looks like a great place to spin!!

Great organization!

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

Where I live, that would be a studio apartment costing $2000 a month. Your 'work-in-progress' is a luxury suite in NYC. So have fun in all that prime real estate!

Steve Stenzel said...

Nice work!!! Can I come over to spin with you?!? I'm so unmotivated on the trainer...

Scott said...

That's a great setup!! how does one come to have an 'extra' tv and dvd player 'laying around' ?? LOL