Saturday, February 14, 2009

Miracle Socks?

One of the tri stores here in town - Tri-It - was having a sale this weekend. 20% off of everything in the store. (By the way, yes, that is me on the front page of the Tri-It website!) I really wanted to pick up some Kona Cola nuun so I headed there after work to stop in and also say hi to Richelle. I've been curious about trying compression recovery socks. I've heard that people really like them. But...they are expensive. Tri-It carries Zoot CompressRX. With the 20% off sale, this was my chance to give them a whirl! I also checked out the swimsuits. It was a toss up between this one and that one, but here's what I wound up with:I went for a 12K run this morning and put my socks on afterwards. Ahhh, it feels like a non-stop massage on my calves... It will be interesting to try these out after longer runs or after a hard bike ride!
***If for some reason I missed sending you your Valentine's, please let me know!***

14 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Sweet socks!

Happy Valentine's Day, Leana! Thanks for setting up the Virtual Valentines!

Meg said...

The card exchange was great! Thanks for setting it up. Nothing like a foot massage on Valentine's Day!

Run For Life said...

I need to hop on the recovery socks bandwagon!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

i also bought some of those recovery socks, i like 'em. Great vday exchange, thanks for setting that up! Enjoy your day!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

btw, how cool is it that you're on the cover! you *are* a superstar! :o)

Anonymous said...

I've wanted to try the Zoot recovery stuff. I've got a pair of their running shorts, a tri suit, and some regular socks. Their stuff is SO comfortable, but REALLY expensive. It was really lucky for you to get 20% off. I'm jealous!

Alexandra said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Thank you for organizing the virtual exchange! It was fun to be a part of!

What a colorful swimsuit! I like bright, cheerful colors!

I never heard of recovery socks! What will they think of next! I may need to get me some!

Jen said...

Good to know someone else spends absurd amounts of money on things like socks.
Cute suit!

Unknown said...

You shoulda bought the one with hearts in honor of Vday! Ha ha. For $80 I'd be wearing those socks every day - sounds like they work well though - think they'd work for baby induced swelling!?

Aron said...

i was just wondering about compression socks... so they really work? hmmmm :)

ShirleyPerly said...

Cute suit! And I have been wondering about the wonders of compression socks. Look forward to hearing more on how they work for you.

RoadBunner said...

Please let us know how the socks work. I'm so curious about them!

Sonia said...

You are so sexy with the socks, very hard to resist. And hard to know why you're still single!! LOL

Deb said...

I've been wanting a pair of those socks for a long time! I didn't realize they were so pricey though...wish I had known Tri-it was having a big sale this weekend...darn it!