Saturday, February 7, 2009

Who Supports You?

Thursday

First off, Thursday... Ugh. My parents drove in on Wednesday night and we were still out for dinner after 10 pm. Since I swam Wednesday and it was such a late night I bailed on swim class on Thursday. I also had a 45 minutes run with strides planned for Thursday over lunch. As soon as I got outside and turned my Garmin on it beeped at me. Low Battery. Bugger. I've had my Garmin last for 45 minutes after getting a low battery warning so I opted to risk it, rather than turning back around and grabbing my Timex. About half way into my 10 minute warm up I looked at my Garmin and it was dead. Oops. Things were also hurting from my right knee down. I was not enjoying this run. Since I had no way of timing strides and I was hurting I figured I'd just run. It wound up being about 2.4 miles. Oops...

Friday

Amanda wrote a good post asking about support from family members - who supports you, and what do they do to support you?

I dropped my folks off at the airport, then headed home. I had a 45 minute spin on the schedule - RPM endurance. I left the door to the garage open and Finlay came downstairs to hang out and watch me spin. Sometimes he sat by the car...Sometimes he came closer and sat near my front wheel... And sometimes he curled up near the TV. When I got off the bike he spun around in circles and was really excited. Almost like he was congratulating me on a great spin! I think I'll set up a little doggie bed in the garage for him in case he wants to keep me company while spinning in the future. Then he doesn't have to curl up on the cold concrete floor.
After that Maggie snuggled in next to me on the couch, rubbing her face on my leg and congratulating me in her own way.
After that I threw together a quick salad - spinach, carrots, cucumber, sugar snap peas, goat cheese and some sliced up terriyaki sirloin left over from my mom's dinner on Wednesday night.
Support comes in different ways from our family and friends, but sometimes your supporters might just surprise you!

10 comments:

Marlene said...

Your pups are so cute!

Nice job on the workouts. Dinner looks good too!

Missy said...

I love a dog with a beard!!! I think some dogs are people in dog coats...looks like a killer cheering section. I often prefer dogs to some people anyway:)

Road Warrior said...

Ooh, dinner does look good.

Hopefully your legs are feeling better!

teacherwoman said...

Dogs are too cute!

Unknown said...

Do you always eat dinner with your Garmin? Hee hee, I see it there tucked under your dinner plate!

Run For Life said...

Aww, I love pets. :)

Lily on the Road said...

Lily supports me before and after my runs (she is my cat, for whom my blog is named after)

TNTcoach Ken said...

My compressions shorts support me! I noticed the Garmin on the dinner table too, that's crazy......

Wes said...

What a cute puppy :-) I've learned not to trust my Garmin when it sez its low. That's why I almost always wear a watch too!

ShirleyPerly said...

So cute about the dogs being there to support you. I wish I could have a dog!!