Monday, April 27, 2009

It's not you, it's me...

Dear Beef,

This is a tough letter for me to write. Things just don't seem to be the same between us anymore. We've been through some great times...like every time we hung out at Burger Heaven, or Sunday roasts, or the brisket at The Salt Lick. The list goes on and on. We both know there have been some tough times too. I haven't held it against you that I am on the "do not donate" list with Canadian Blood Services thanks to our relationship in the United Kingdom in the 80s and 90s. Lately it seems like we just aren't getting along like we used to. I feel like you have been sabotaging every long run when you and I hang out together the night before. Maybe you aren't happy that I've been spending more time with Chicken, Turkey, Beans and Lentils. At the end of the day, the reasons why probably don't matter.

I'm sorry Beef, but I'm breaking up with you. I'm not saying we can't have a fling now and again...but don't call me, I'll call you.

All the best.

Leana

15 comments:

Melanie Tait said...

Hi Leana,

Poor old Beef is going to have a big time beef with you... I hear you though! Doesn't your body feel so much better when it's without cow?

Good luck with it all!

Missy said...

OH, I know. Save your beef fling for when it's really good stuff, not the cheap shiz. Save it for filet at some fancy schmancy place.

Lindsay said...

those cows are always trying to tell us to eat more chicken anyway. oh wait. there aren't chick-fil-a's up there... my bad. (really delicious, esp for fast food, if you are ever down south!)

hope the breakup is for the best, and maybe you can still have the occasional fling.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

LOL, i've had that conversation with most fast food... but like Missy said, save it for a special meal :)

Marlene said...

Hilarious post!

I hope cutting out the beef works out well for you.

Bob Almighty said...

Prime Rib...that should be your beef fling...although I definitely hear you on trying to get the fast food out of your system.

Lily on the Road said...

I have a "beef" with beef too, I too can't donate blood because of it....

you'll feel better in the long run...hahahaha,

Meg said...

YOU GO GIRL. I wish I had your willpower!

Road Warrior said...

I'm with you on the meat. After eating good things, my body just doesn't want meat. I don't sleep well after it and it takes me part of the next day to feel myself.

I've found some lean meats are OK, but largely, yeah, not great for you.

RunToTheFinish said...

hehe!! i broke up with beef a few years ago and occassionaly there is still a bootie call, I won't lie, but really we just try to go our separate ways

joyRuN said...

Good luck with that. I'm ALL over the beef - the closer to the moo, the better ;)

Keith said...

Alberta Lamb is the new hottie on the block. Lighter than beef, with more flavour.

Marcy said...

Whooooaaaa now! You totally have mroe willpower than I! You rock :-)

Badgergirl said...

Hope the breakup goes OK. And enjoy the occasional fling.

Rainmaker said...

So pork is still OK, right?

Cause...that's where the best ribs are anyway. :)