I have a little bit to say about a lot of things...so...here goes another bullet point post!
- So far I seem to be adapting to the 4:30 wake up call a whole lot better now that I'm in week two. I woke up straight away and was at my swim class on time. I asked Rhonda if I should move up a lane today. She asked if I wanted to push myself and I got a bit nervous...er...ummmm...yes..?? She thought that was a terrific idea so I hopped in a lane with four speedier folks. The best thing about the workout was that everyone in the lane worked together. We stayed on the same sets and took turns pulling. I now understand what people are talking about when they say that they swam so hard their arms almost fell off. Yeah...that felt like me today! Thankfully we were running short sets, but...whew...anything with some longer sets and I think I may have trouble keeping up. But it was great to push myself!
- Angie had another tough bike workout for us this evening. Lots of 2:00 hard sets. I was having a tough time getting into my big chain ring a few times. Angie's husband Ken took a look and the only way to get into the big ring in the front by the end of the class was to be all the way in my smallest ring in the back. So...I'll have to go back to Bow and get it tweaked because that is annoying! It will be a simple fix though! I also forgot my bike computer at home so I was cycling blind. It is amazing how you start to rely on a tiny bit of machinery after awhile. And despite the rest day yesterday my legs were trashed... Weird...
- Angie raced Oceanside this weekend and she got a spot for Clearwater!!! Congratulations Angie, I'm so happy for you!!!
- I'm a winner! Angela at Oh She Glows was holding a giveaway for POM Wonderful and I won! That stuff is fantastic so I can't wait to make good use of my coupons. Thanks Angela!
- Everyone has been talking about their favourite nut butters all over the place. One that hasn't gotten a mention is Peanut Butter & Co. I found their peanut butter at Community Natural Foods here in Calgary and I picked up a jar of Cinnamon Raisin Swirl. Now I understand why people like to eat peanut butter directly out of the jar by the spoonful! This stuff is great with my hot cereal in the mornings, or spread on an apple. I can't wait to try some of their other flavours.
- Tonight my dad asked me what was in the tea I was drinking yesterday... I don't know Dad, but I actually wound up returning it today. I got a bag of Russian Caravan instead - a black tea that tastes nice and smoky. Yummy stuff!
- Holy exclamation points Batman! I counted 17 exclamation points in this post...but it is just after 10:00 pm so there is a good chance I miscounted. Still, that is a whole lot of exclaiming! (Okay, make that 18...) Anyhow, I need to head to bed.