Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Quick Update

Got in to see the doctor this morning and he doesn't think anything is broken - just bruising and swelling. I have good mobility in my fingers and no pain when he pushed on the various bones. He didn't see much point in me going for an x-ray. He thought it would probably take about a week to feel better...I'll keep an eye on it and if I think it is getting worse I'll seek a second opinion. Now off to work I go!

UPDATE: Went for a second opinion and an x-ray. Confirms nothing is broken...phew!

11 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

good to hear, keep icing :) Feel better!

Lindsay said...

glad it's not broken! hopefully the swelling goes down soon and it feels better quicker than a week :)

Missy said...

Ice it until you can't feel it or can't take it any longer, take it out until you feel it again then back into the ice, repeat.

Marlene said...

Sounds like good news. Take it easy!

RoadBunner said...

Glad to hear you're not seriously injured. Ice, ice, ice!!

teacherwoman said...

Glad to hear the doc thinks nothing is broken. How scary!

Badgergirl said...

Glad to hear!

joyRuN said...

Excellent! Be careful out there.

Judi said...

glad you are ok! those look like some painful injuries!

kristen said...

phew! glad to hear there is no break. i hope the swelling and pain are both under control!

Run For Life said...

Yay for no broken bones! I hope your scrapes and swelling heal quickly and the bent handlebars aren't too bad.