Ah…so the triathlon season for the year is over. What now? It is a little early to start training for Ironman, so…what is on deck for the next little bit? After the Goofy Challenge in 2008 and the Disney Marathon in 2009 I’m not really up for another marathon in January 2010. My heart just isn’t in to the distance training right now. So instead:
- Discover my inner domestic goddess: It is time to get back in the kitchen. Taking the time to create delicious meals between all of my training this summer was really tough. But I do love to cook, so it is time to get my nutrition back on track.
- Raid the wine cellar: If you have been reading this blog for any length of time then you know I love wine! I had a few cases just sitting in my basement thanks to a lack of storage. It was time to organize so I picked up a new (larger) wine rack from IKEA yesterday. Going through my collection was fun as I filled up the new wine rack…but it made me realize that I need to start drinking some of it!
- Become one with the paint chips: Um…I’ve lived in my home for almost three years and I still haven’t repainted at all? Maybe this fall I’ll have some time to put into that.
- Declutter: I still have moving boxes in my garage…that were packed up in July 2006. Time to finally go through them! (Although I think I’ve been saying this for awhile…)
- Say hello to a little speed: Endurance training is not conducive to getting faster. So expect to see a lot of speed work on the run in the next little bit! And some 10K racing (that Angie says will help me get faster)!
- Set a goal: Don’t mistake all of this cooking, wine consuming and decorating to mean that I won’t be training… I am setting my sights on the Austin 3M Half Marathon on January 24th. Why this race? I have several friends in Texas that I need to visit. A half marathon in January is a manageable distance to train for – less commitment than a marathon! If you check out the elevation profile for the race you’ll notice that it is a whole lotta downhill… So my goal? To see if I can train to go sub-2:00 on a half marathon. I still have to register and get a flight down to Texas…so it isn’t a sure thing (I normally wait to make an announcement until the cash is committed) but it is most definitely the plan.
I’ll still be swimming and biking of course too, not to worry!