Friday, November 27, 2009

It’s Here!!!!

Yesterday morning I got a call from Greyhound that I had a shipment to pick up – my bike had arrived!!!  I was originally going to run over lunch but instead I hopped over to Greyhound to pick up my bike and drop it off at home.  The guy at the courier desk helped me unpack it and load it into my car.  As he took the bike out of the box he asked me, “Is this supposed to make you fast?” 

With any luck! ;)

“What do you do when it rains?  It doesn’t have any fenders on it.”

So now she’s sitting in my garage…somewhat in pieces.  Now to tend to the little matter of getting her put together and fitted!  Oh, and she has red accents on her tires to match the red accent on the bike.  As my two year old niece Avery would say, “Ohhhh, fannnnncyyyyyy!”  (Apparently that is my niece’s favourite phrase!)  And I have to say I was pretty impressed with Greyhound’s shipping.  Just over $50 to ship and it took about 2 days to get here.  I promise a picture of the new addition once she’s put together!  Astoundingly I now have three bikes in my garage.  How did that happen??

Oh, and I didn’t slack off yesterday completely.  I did get to the pool to swim at 5:30 am.  I ran through a great 1800m workout that included some drill work (6 kick roll, fist swim and zipper swim), a 400m steady swim and 4 x 25m hard.  It actually felt really good to be back in the water and the pool was reasonably quiet at that time in the morning.  In the evening I met up with Pam, Tara and my friend Julie for a great dinner out at Milestones and an evening at the theatre.  Murder on the Nile is playing at the Vertigo Theatre.  I think this is the first time Pam and Tara saw me in a skirt and pretty shoes!  Tonight is possibly a spin with Tara…we’ll see!

Happy Friday!!

14 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

LMAO, no fenders!!! Did he notice that there were also no streamers for the handlebars or a basket for the front? Oooooh, Christmas came early at your house, enjoy! Well done getting the pool early too!

Maggs said...

have fun with the bike! i will make you fast

Lily on the Road said...

LOL at Mel...three bikes, WOW!!

Julie said...

That was a funny comment about the fenders. Hahahahahahaha!!

Good for you for getting that swim workout in! :) :)

Marlene said...

So exciting! I bet you can't wait to take it for a spin.

Nice job on the early morning swim!

Meg said...

Can't wait to see pics of your new baby! Did you name her yet?

Nice job on the pool workout too!

Keith said...

What fun! I'd have gone and got the bike too, only I'm afraid I'd have taken it back to the office, and spent the rest of the day assembling it. Pity it's so cold and dark out, it will be difficult to get in an outdoor ride. Looking forward to the pics.

D said...

Here I thought the matching tires were super lame hahaha (cheap from my buddy though).
Glad it's there and you have it. I was starting to worry you weren't happy lol. YAY! Get that thing put together and start flyyyyying. You'll love it :)

Marit C-L said...

Hee hee hee - the fenders. In addition to the streamers, you should probably add a bell ;)

ENJOY!!!!

Badgergirl said...

Exciting! Can't wait to see pictures once she's all put together!

Missy said...

Sweet - you can always add fenders;)! That rocks.

IronMoe said...

Pictures, Pictures!!!!

Rainmaker said...

Three bikes ehh? Seems like an odd number - I think four would be better. ;)

Lindsay said...

sweet! hope you were able to take it out for a spin this weekend!