Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday Randoms

  • The Ironman nightmares have started!  On Saturday night I dreamt that Ironman was TOMORROW and the hotel I was staying at had accidently taken my wetsuit for dry cleaning.  The swim was a gong show and I had to drive from the swim to T1 and never found it.
  • I picked up a bunch of kale from the Farmer’s Market recently.  I tried making two things – a kale, sausage and white bean stewDSCN1712
    and a sweet potato and kale soup.  Both yummy.  Kale is supposed to be really good for you…and if you prepare it properly it tastes really good!  Honest, it isn’t just a garnish at the salad bar!
  • On Sunday I learned that you should not put chicken into a tandoori marinade just before going to bed.  You will be lying in bed and all you can smell is tandoori.
  • Today I grilled up my tandoori chicken and made a pumpkin and butternut squash dal (an Indian dish made with yellow split peas).  The recipe calls it a soup, but it comes out quite thick and tastes great over a bit of rice.  It is a bit time consuming for a weeknight recipe, but it sure is tasty.  I served it with a bit of plain yogurt and mango chutney.DSCN1748
  • I met Kelly for our lunch time workout today.  My shins were slightly unhappy with me, but otherwise it was a good run.  We’ve been lucking out with some fantastic weather this November – it was gorgeous and sunny out, and you have to love it when you can run in capris and a short sleeve shirt here at this time of year!
  • Congratulations to Molly and my teammates Sarah and Nola on their great races at Ironman Arizona!!

12 comments:

D said...

Have you ever tried kale chips? I heard they're awesome! Ask Maggs about a "recipe" for them.

Missy said...

Your food always looks killer good! Sure you're not a chef in another life?

joyRuN said...

Too early for IM nightmares!

That kale & bean stew looks really really good. I bookmarked the page to try it.

Julie said...

The IM nightmare...LOL!!! Oh baby, you're ready now!! :) :)

As usual your meals look absolutely divine!! I make a green smoothie every morning with spinach, kale, milk, almond butter and a banana. YUM!!

Marlene said...

Sounds like you guys are enjoying some great November weather too - isn't it awesome?

I don't think I've ever tried kale. Thanks for the suggestion!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

wow, you're having nightmares already! Your food pics always make me so hungry, wish I could cook like that!

San said...

I'm so glad I found your blog, it took me forever to find another woman who runs and trains for an Ironman. I run (halfmarathon 3hrs) and my first Ironman I have scheduled for 2013.

And as a bonus your an engineer, too. I'm not alone anymore. Wahooo!

Cheers from Germany,
San

Wes said...

I didn't dream about Ironman at all for my first. Last night, I dreamed I was running with Miranda Cafrae, and I was pacing her! LOL...

Lily on the Road said...

Oye, Ironman nightmares...is this a sign, you're Ready to Train!!!

Thanks for the photo's of food, now I'm starving (even after having chickpeas for lunch)...I'll have to try the sweet potato & kale soup, sounds great!

Charisa said...

Love squash!

Ryan said...

Tell the hotel you want military creases in the back of your wetsuit...that will help you swim in a straight line.

Your nightmares should really begin the night following your 3 hour run that follows the 7 hour bike ride the day before.

Nothing like sore legs and dehydration to really bring out the good nightmares :-)

teacherwoman said...

Your dream was funny!

Never tried Kale before.