- The Ironman nightmares have started! On Saturday night I dreamt that Ironman was TOMORROW and the hotel I was staying at had accidently taken my wetsuit for dry cleaning. The swim was a gong show and I had to drive from the swim to T1 and never found it.
- I picked up a bunch of kale from the Farmer’s Market recently. I tried making two things – a kale, sausage and white bean stew
and a sweet potato and kale soup. Both yummy. Kale is supposed to be really good for you…and if you prepare it properly it tastes really good! Honest, it isn’t just a garnish at the salad bar!
- On Sunday I learned that you should not put chicken into a tandoori marinade just before going to bed. You will be lying in bed and all you can smell is tandoori.
- Today I grilled up my tandoori chicken and made a pumpkin and butternut squash dal (an Indian dish made with yellow split peas). The recipe calls it a soup, but it comes out quite thick and tastes great over a bit of rice. It is a bit time consuming for a weeknight recipe, but it sure is tasty. I served it with a bit of plain yogurt and mango chutney.
- I met Kelly for our lunch time workout today. My shins were slightly unhappy with me, but otherwise it was a good run. We’ve been lucking out with some fantastic weather this November – it was gorgeous and sunny out, and you have to love it when you can run in capris and a short sleeve shirt here at this time of year!
- Congratulations to Molly and my teammates Sarah and Nola on their great races at Ironman Arizona!!
Monday, November 23, 2009
Posted by Runner Leana at 9:34 PM