Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Wishful Races

My list of wishful races just keeps on growing...

  • First on my list is the Marathon Des Deux Rives in Quebec City. I've heard this is supposed to be an absolutely beautiful course. And it is kind of like going overseas for vacation, except it is right here in Canada. I've wanted to see Quebec City for awhile, so why not go for a race?
  • Also on the list is the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon. Another excuse to visit the east.
  • The Medoc Marathon. This event combines two of my favourite activities. Running and wine tasting. Combining them sounds a bit treacherous, but I think one day I may be up to the challenge.
  • Finally, this weekend I was struck with nostalgia at the Good Taste of Britain shop in the mall. I lived in the UK for about seven years, so it brought back some memories to see a store selling Lilt (the "totally tropical taste" - pineapple and grapefruit pop), POLO mints, sherbet fountains, fruit pastilles and all other sorts of candy confectioneries that highlight my memories of growing up. So therefore, now on my list is the Flora London Marathon.

No comments: