Friday, June 29, 2007

Mamma Mia and 5 miles with hills

Last night I had tickets to go see Mamma Mia, so I had to fit in my 5 mile run over lunch. I work fairly close to McHugh Bluffs, so I headed in that direction for my run. I warmed up with a run on flat ground, then ran hill repeats there three times. My times were significantly faster than last week, which really surprised me. I would have attempted a fourth hill but it was really warm and sunny out and I didn't want to push it, so I jogged the last mile and half or so back on flat ground around the river, then back to the office. Even though my legs were so tired my last mile was super speedy!

Mamma Mia was a blast last night. Who knew you could have an entire musical created around ABBA songs, and have the story and the music be so seamless? It was funny, the music was great, and by the end of the show the entire audience was dancing (including the very enthusiastic fellow beside me who was seeing the show for the fifth time). I highly recommend checking it out if the touring production comes to your town, or if you are in Las Vegas or New York.

No comments: