Sunday, July 29, 2007

A change in plans










I had Saturday all figured out. The alarm was set to go off at 5:30 so I could get out the door nice and early and knock my 9 miles out before it got too hot. Things changed around 2:30 am when my pup Maggie got pretty ill. A trip to the emergency vet and a hospitalization later and I just wasn't feeling up for it. Instead the other pup, Finlay, and I spent some quality time one on one together at Baker Park. He had a blast and climbed some of the hills like a real trooper. By the end of it all, he was pooped. The afternoon involved the Calgary Stampeders vs. the BC Lions in Canadian Football League action and a visit to check in on Maggie. She was able to make it home Sunday evening so the good news is she is doing better.

1 comment:

Bill said...

I'm sorry to hear that, but it's good that she's doing better! Pup health is definitely more important than any run could ever be.