Wednesday, August 29, 2007

BBC #15....What next..?

When I left work yesterday I was incredibly tired....in case you couldn't tell. BBC was scheduled for 7:00 at Confederation Park, and tired or not, I was going to be there. Last night was a class focused mostly around work with a stability ball. We warmed up with a quick jog around the park and then got started. Since not everyone had a stability ball we partnered up. While one person was working the ball, the other was doing work on the grass. Each exercise last a minute and was repeated twice. I'm sure I will forget stuff, but here's the rundown:
  • Lower back - lie down on the ball, legs slightly wider than shoulder width apart. Keep your upper body straight and even and lift your legs up and down, but don't let the legs lower all the way to the ground.
  • Tricep dips on the ball.
  • Push ups on the ball.
  • Charlie's Angels - lie on the ball, with the ball directly under your shoulders and head. Keep your legs bent at 90 deg angles and keep your hips raised throughout. Raise your arms above your head like you are pointing a gun, a la Charlie's Angels. Rotate shoulders slowly to one side till your arms are parallel with the ground, the quickly shoot back up to centre. Repeat side to side.
  • One legged squats with a ball, and also classic squats on the ground.
  • Lunges
  • Bicep curls
  • Tricep extensions with resistance tubing
  • Partnered abs on the ball with resistance tubing - your partner holds the middle of the resistance tubing to the ground, you lie with your shoulder on the ball, ends of the tubing at your ears and crunch up.
  • Shoulder presses
  • Lots of ab work - on the ball and on the ground.

Honestly, I'm drawing a blank as to anything else we might have done, but suffice it to say, it was one amazing workout which I no doubt will be feeling later today (things haven't quite kicked in yet...). For as tired as I was arriving at BBC, the workout totally energized me and I was chipper as all get out arriving at the office at 6 am this morning.

I've been wondering how I'm going to keep myself motivated for some of the kicker cross training workouts I'd like to have happen once BBC is over. Well, Instructor S is running a Fit Ball class on her own on Mondays, starting September 10. I was kicking myself because I had already signed up for yoga Monday nights so Fit Ball would be a no go. This morning I e-mailed the yoga studio and moved to a Wednesday class, and now I'm registered for Monday Fit Ball classes as well. Should be good.... And because Instructor S is amazing, she's holding a final, "make up" session, if you will, next Tuesday night. So I still have two more BBC classes to go.

Tonight I'm meeting up with one of the gals from the running group and we're getting a hill workout in. Apparently the rest of the group is MIA for one reason or another. I'm looking forward to running with someone to push me a bit more on those hills. Should be good times tonight.

No comments: