Wednesday, August 8, 2007

BBC #9

Boot camp last night....yowza....my booty is hurting for sure this morning. I think it is a combo of the hills I've been doing lately and last night's BBC session. We met in Confederation Park for a core and cardio circuit workout. We did 25 sit ups, 10 push ups, and 10 "one-legged dippy birds" on each leg. If you are wondering what a dippy bird is, imagine burpees. Then do them on one leg and then stand up instead of jumping up at the end. Wow, those babies are good for your core and your hip stability. And I was actually really feeling it in my calfs too. After that we ran to a nearby hill and did three hill sprints. Whew...that hill was steep. After that we did some sprint drills and some frog jumps. Then repeat. Three times. After that we still had a few minutes left so we squeezed in some more push ups, some tricep dips, and some plank work.
---
Tonight, weather permitting, I was going to meet up with Instructor S and her training group for some speedwork. However it is looking pretty nasty outside right now, and there are chances of thunderstorms later in the day. I may have to rethink and reschedule based off of how things look this afternoon. I don't mind running in the rain, but getting struck by lightning would not make for good times.

No comments: