Thursday, August 9, 2007

Slacker Gal Leana

OK, just call me a slacker because I didn't run last night. I was supposed to meet up with Instructor S's running group for speed work. Despite the dark clouds it wasn't raining, and the temperature was perfect for a run...so at least I can say that I didn't bail because of the weather. Honestly...my rear was still hurting from boot camp the day before. I believe it is my piriformis, and it comes up every once in awhile but then goes away. So I opted for a night of rest and some stretching since I know we will be running at BBC tonight and I'll aim to get my mileage in before class. The worst thing about bailing last night was having to admit to a group that I wasn't going. When you are running on your own, you only have yourself to discuss this decision with. But somehow having to call and make the excuse that I was resting made me feel like such a slacker. Oh well, rest is an important component of any training program....right?

4 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

You have to be like the least slackerish person I know.. boot camp, running, running, boot camp, skirt shopping. You really are quite active.

DGB said...

You are not a slacker. Plus, I did a run for you right?

TNTcoach Ken said...

That's why I love running with a group! On those days when you can find any excuse, you just go and run. It's a beautiful thang!

Angry Runner said...

I damn near took a week off and then went out and ran 5 miles sub 8:00 in 96 degrees and 80% humidity...as a training run. Fast for me...very fast for me. Those who shun rest days only invite problems.

"But somehow having to call and make the excuse that I was resting made me feel like such a slacker." That's why I don't run with people. Well, more because I'm antisocial than anything...