Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A final BBC, 3 speedy and buggy miles

Monday I made it out for a 4 mile jaunt through Edgemont. There isn't too much to say about it, other than it happened. It wasn't a fabulous run, it wasn't a bad run. Last night we had a final, bonus BBC session at Edworthy park. We did some work with resistance tubing, a stability ball, some step ups and tricep dips, and lots of abs. There was a lot of laughter and joking around in between all of the serious exercises and it was a fun final session. Some girls are continuing on for the fall session of BBC, but most of us are going it on our own. I'll still get some great work outs in with Instructor S at her Fit Ball class, so at least I know I'll still get challenged by her. I'll miss the other girls in the class though. After boot camp DGB and I hung around chatting with S for awhile, but we both wanted to get a few miles under our feet in preparation for our 10K in Seattle this week. We started out around dusk and the weather was perfect. DGB is pretty speedy so I wasn't sure we'd be running together the whole way - either because I couldn't keep up or because she wouldn't want to hold back. Despite the perfect weather the run was pretty gross. All kinds of aphids are out right now, and they were out in full force along the pathway. I honestly felt like a windshield as we ran through them and if I wasn't with DGB I might have considered calling it a night a quarter of a mile in. I probably don't give myself enough credit for how fast I am capable of running as DGB and I stayed together until the final sprint to the end and it made for one of my fastest practice runs in a long time. It was terrific to have company out there and it was great to talk about our thoughts on the upcoming Iron Girl race. Honestly, I'm really hoping to PR this 10K this weekend - but I'm hoping that I'm not so set on it that if I don't I won't be completely disappointed. At the end of the day though I'm looking forward to getting away, seeing the sights in Seattle, and being there for DGB's first race.

1 comment:

TNTcoach Ken said...

Okay Speed Racer, you’ll do just fine. With all of the training and effort that you’ve put in a PR will be the by-product. Remember, we have good days and we have great days!