First of all, thanks so much for all the comments about my pups. Both seem to be fully back to normal with Maggie scarfing down her canned veterinary-prescribed dog food like it is going out of style and Finlay running for the hills every time I try to find him to give him his medication. Pets sure keep life interesting!
In other news, I've been tagged by the fabulous Maddy, my blogging buddy that I can officially say that I've had a chance to run with in person.
Let's get down to business, here are The Rules:
- Link to your tagger, and post these rules on your blog.
- Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
- Tag 5 people at the end of your post by their names and links to their blogs.
- Let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog.
- The longest I have lived in one place is five years, and that was in London, England from 1988 to 1993. I estimate I have moved a total of 27 times however it is possible the number may be slightly higher than that.
- I have had 9 separate holes punched in my ears at one time or another, however only the original 2 remain.
- I am surprised that I made it to the age of 4. When I was a kid I fell into a pool and nearly drowned (thankfully the babysitter noticed at the right time and jumped in to save me), I almost got hit by a car, and I attempted to climb over the balcony railing from the 20th floor (or so, I can't quite remember) at the Shangri-La hotel in Singapore.
- I have fallen asleep in the movie theatre at the following: What's the Worst that Could Happen (if you've seen this, you can probably forgive me - it is terrible), Memoirs of a Geisha, The One, The Illusionist, and Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (or Sorcerer's Stone depending on where you live). I have never been able to stay awake to watch the first Harry Potter movie in its entirety, ever. I very rarely go to see any movie that shows at 10:00 for this reason, however two of those movies above were matinee showings. Yeah...I'm lame...I know. Some of you may even be able to tell me that I've missed a couple of other movies that I've fallen asleep in and can't remember about now.
- When I was a kid I used to dislike my first name because no one else had it and I couldn't find it in any baby book. When I was in grade 3 when the teacher asked if anyone had any nicknames I said mine was Laurie (Laurie, Leana....I dunno....I was in grade 3). The jig was up when the teacher would call my name, but surprisingly enough...I wouldn't respond because it wasn't my name. In grade 4 I attempted to go by my middle name, Kathleen, however this was an unsuccessful attempt as well. In grade 5 I finally found my name in a baby book (it means vine, to bind, youth) and all was right in the world. I now get a kick out of going to Starbucks to see how many different ways people can find to spell my name on a coffee cup. I have only seen it spelled correctly twice.
There we go folks - 5 random and miscellaneous facts about yours truly. Now time to tag. I'm not sure I can find five, but here goes: