Thursday, November 29, 2007

What would you do?

I ran on Tuesday - 4 miles over lunch in -9 deg C (15 deg F) weather. To be perfectly honest...it sounds cold...but once I got moving it wasn't that bad. I had tights, a long sleeve top, a long sleeve midweight layer, a jacket, a tuque and gloves on. 10 minutes in I had to zip the arms off the jacket because it wound up being too much. It was a nice run, and I was happy to see many other crazy runners braving the elements on the pathway over lunch.
---
Yesterday I had an invite to join Instructor S and her TNT group for a hill run at 6 pm. I took a look at the upcoming forecast and decided I needed to tweak my schedule a bit though. Highs of -18 dec C (-0.4 deg F) on Saturday and Sunday..?? I took yesterday as a rest day and I'm going to run 4 miles today, 8 miles tomorrow. I'll aim to do something indoors this weekend instead. Check out the weather for Monday though - it looks like a chinook is blowing in - +10 deg!!

2 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

I'm cold just looking at that!! You are a trooper, I am a weinie who lives indoors over much of the winter..sad but true.

MissAllycat said...

You're hardcore! I've turned into a pansy this year. I need to take a page out of your book...