Friday, May 30, 2008

Core Assault, and a Weight Loss Challenge

Sheena was kind enough to make last night's Bikini Boot Camp class a participant's choice night. After we worked our arms like no one's business on Tuesday night I wasn't sure I wanted to kill my legs on Thursday so I voted for as many core challenges as Sheena could think to throw our way. Boy, oh boy, did she deliver! We did jump squats on to a Bosu ball, travelling planks, squats with a shoulder press and some hamstring work, all interspersed with various core exercises. Today it hurts to laugh so I know it was a good class!
---
I think I'm ready for my du tomorrow. I'm off to the good folks at Bow Cycle to get the bike check taken care of tonight. I have the race instructions printed off, a map to the start...now all I need to worry about is getting a good night's rest. Wish me luck, and I promise to check in and let you know how it goes.
---
Finally, I have to give a plug to Viv who is organizing an Independence Weight Loss Challenge. I'm not one to talk about my weight - especially on here, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think I could stand to lose a pound or two. There's a reason why I never posted shots from the Minnie Marathon. Okay, so maybe I've been too lazy to download them off of my camera so far, but when I saw the official race photos I was horrified. My stomach was rippling like a bowl full of jelly in my finish line shot. Oh...so...not...flattering. And people, I have been working my butt off at running and boot camp and biking and the scale has budged just not one little bit. Granted, I feel amazingly fit and like I've seen progress since the Minnie, however my bathroom scale has not. So anyhow...if you feel the same way at all then I encourage you to run over to Viv's at Excuse #1 I'm Not Fit to Run to learn the details of the challenge and to sign up. Entries required by the end of the day June 1st. Oh, and there are prizes involved...

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Scales suck. Mine won't go to where I want it to...but thing is, if you are feeling good, and things are fitting better and you're notcing tone, then it's best to ignore the scale. Eventually it might move or might not, but if you're converting fat to muscle that's even better than losing.