Thursday, November 20, 2008

Feeling Like I'm 13 Again

The New Kids on the Block concert last night.... What a fun time! I had to transform from engineer to screaming teenager though...
Which hair accessory should I pick? There are so many scrunchies to choose from!Ultimately, I went for my sparkly pink, purple and silver barrette. Because it matched my way oversized sweatshirt circa the early 90s. Boy I used to love that sweatshirt! I was also rocking the sparkly eyeshadow and a New Kids button, courtesy of my friend, DGB. I'm just sad that it is hard to discern my high bangs in any of the photos.
She brought her New Kids trading cards, so that we could catch up on all the trivia over dinner.
By the time we got to the Saddledome Lady Gaga was long gone and Natasha Beddingfield was halfway through her set. I was expecting each opener to get half an hour, then there would be half an hour between acts. They were a little more speedy than that last night. We were pretty excited to see some other people dressed up. There were plenty of old school NKOTB shirts, leggings, crimped hair, and pushed up bangs like mine.
After Natasha Beddingfield finished her set she was off to sign some autographs, so I went to take a peak and grab a total paparazzi style shot:
On the way back I ran into Richelle! Richelle, let me know when you want to do retro spin night and I'll be there with my side pony tail and scrunchie! Pretty soon thereafter it was time for the show to start. A stadium full of late 20 to 30-something year old women...11,000 of them...all screaming like teenagers the entire time. And yup, I was one of them!
We had awesome seats. D wanted to make sure I got a few good pictures of Joey, just for her.
They sang some new songs, did all of their old big hits and even busted out their classic dance moves. It was a great show! Thanks to the girls for a fun night out, old school style!

12 comments:

Marlene said...

Sounds like a great time. Love the sweatshirt! LOL! Did you actually keep it, or did you find that treasure at a thrift store? I wish I had kept more of my teenie bopper clothes. *sigh*

Viv said...

You went way out! Looks like a blast glad great times were had :-)

Rainmaker said...

They're still around?!?! Wow...who knew!

Sonia said...

Looks like a great time!! You're such a nerd to dress up lol I'm a little too young for them they were on the down low when I was old enough to listen to grown up music.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

LOL! Too funny... you did go all out! :D Glad you had a good time!

ShirleyPerly said...

How fun! I used to go to lots of concerts when I was younger. 'Course that was back in the 70 & 80's :-)

teacherwoman said...

Even though I wasn't the biggets NKOTB fan as a child, I think I would have truly loved that concert! looks like tons of fun!

Laurel said...

What fun! I love that you dressed up!

Wes said...

Yea, to take fun stuff serious :-) I like that!!

Marcy said...

OMG!!!! I TOTALLY forgot about those chunky barrettes. Man I had a ton of those growing up. WTF were we all thinking in the early 90s?! HAHA

Looks like a killer time chica! ;D ;D

Brooke said...

Wow! Those were good seats!

Danielle said...

I've been waiting to hear about your show. Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did. Loving the pics...Joe is such a hottie. Even hotter in person really...can't believe the blue of his eyes!! Don't know if you get the broadcast or not but they are performing on the American Music Awards tomorrow (Sunday) night.