Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Where Is This Coming From??

First off, I forgot to mention that I tried the Kona Cola nuun at spin class last night. Hands down, my favourite flavour of all time! I e-mailed Angie to let her know that I loved her spin workout and that I felt like I worked hard. Her response?

What the heck got into you last night Leana!! You just rocked!!!!

Today I had a 5 mi run planned over lunch with cadence drills. About 4 times during the run I was supposed to count cadence for 15 second intervals and try to increase my cadence as the run went on. I have to admit, this is the first time in awhile that I've been looking forward to run. Folks, this run did not disappoint! I felt AMAZING from the word go. When I checked my pace in the first mile I was already at a sub 10:00 mile and I decided to go with it and see what happened.

Mile 1: 9:40 Hmm...feeling pretty good.
Mile 2: Can I speed up? 9:22...not bad...
Mile 3: 8:51...Holy...can I hold on?
Mile 4: 8:41...Seriously?
Mile 5: Getting tough...to...hang...on...8:48

Overall, 5 miles done at a 9:05 pace. I have not run that pace before...ever... I can only assume that my legs weren't really all that aware of the hard bike workout I did the day before and they were ready to run. And admittedly, I wanted to hang in there to see where this run would go. The fast pace, the sunshine...talk about a great lunch time run! I'm loving how this week of training is going, although I promise to dial it back so that I don't tire myself out too early on!

Oh, I didn't forget about the cadence drills...not to worry... I picked them up over the run in case you were wondering..!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job LK - must be the nuun.

Ryan said...

I'm thinking it was the spaghetti squash!

Run Mommy said...

Whoohooo! I love great speed runs - you should feel very accomplished!

Missy said...

Nice work and you had a little nuun in ya...hahaha. That was it! I love those kind of workouts where you do better than you thought you ever could have!

teacherwoman said...

Way to go Leana! You rock!

joyRuN said...

Gotta LOVE those runs. You rocked it!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Speedy run! Great job!

Wes said...

Hellooooo, speedy McSpeedster :-)

Bob Almighty said...

and the times keep droping and droping....Good job.

Marlene said...

Whatever you're taking, I want some. ;)

Seriously, great job on the workouts - especially the speedy run!

Those cadence drills sound interesting...

Aron said...

WOOOO awesome job!!! you are on fire :)

ShirleyPerly said...

Sounds wonderful!! (Can I have some of what you're having? ;-)

P.O.M. said...

I need to get back into spinning! I've heard so many good things about NUUN. Must try!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Supergirl is back! Okay, now don't get crazy and think this is going to happen all of the time. The running/cycling gods just do this as a tease....

Judi said...

good deal on the fast run. feels ohhhh so good.

Run For Life said...

Awesome!!

Laurel said...

Woooo-awesome run girly! Great job!

Unknown said...

I think I know where you got your motivation from...