Earlier this week I went race registration happy! I’ve registered for all but three of my races in 2010 and into 2011 so the year is coming together. There isn’t a ton of difference for the most part between last year and this year! Here’s what I’ve got on tap:
- St. Patrick’s Day Road Race – 10K (03/13) – This will be my fourth year doing this race! I love it. It is a double loop around the University of Calgary, you get Irish stew after the race, beer for purchase, and a chance to win your weight in beer. Maybe this year will be my year to take home the big prize!
- Glencoe Icebreaker 10K (04/11) – I raced this for the first time last year. It is a really difficult race to get into as race registrations need to be dropped off in person at the Glencoe Club. The route is beautiful one through south Calgary with the absolute most amazing breakfast at the end. Plus there are some amazing draw prizes!
- Calgary Police Half Marathon (04/25) – After I raced the Calgary Police Half last year I might have said that I had no desire to do this race again. It is hilly and tough. But I’d like to run a half marathon in the spring…and before triathlon season starts…so this one is a good fit.
- Wine Capital of Canada Olympic Triathlon (05/16) – This was my first Olympic triathlon last year and I’m going back to give this one another shot. It is in Oliver, BC. This one is a great early season race since Tuc-el-Nuit lake is fairly shallow and warms up early on in the spring.
- Chinook Olympic Triathlon (06/19) – This will be my first new race this year. Last year I race the Wasa Lake Olympic Triathlon around this time. This year I opted to stay local for my second Oly of the year. I have a couple teammates who are going to be at this race, including Tara, one of my Ironman partners in crime! Should be fun!
- Great White North Half Iron Distance Triathlon (07/04) – I absolutely loved this race last year. The organizers put on a great event and I figured this would be a great warm up before getting into super heavy Ironman training.
- Ironman Canada (08/29) – Ironman. My A race. Enough said!
- Melissa’s 10K Road Race (09/25)* – Another race that I absolutely love! This will also be my fourth year doing this race. Registration hasn’t opened, so fingers crossed I get in!
- Last Chance Half (11/14)* – Wow…this would be my third year in a row doing this race. Fingers crossed I register for this one before it fills up though!
- WDW Family Fun Run 5K* + the Goofy Challenge at Walt Disney World in 2011…
There we go…that is my year in a nutshell! Any of my blogger buds in for any of these races? I think Keith may be. Maybe he and I will finally get a chance to meet one of these days!
Through the spring the plan is for a couple of running races to keep things interesting. The races from May through August are all about building towards Ironman. I probably won’t be tapering for any of those Olympics…maybe not even Great White North? But it gives me a chance to get some open water in and practice race strategies. Should be a great year! And on that note…can you believe that January is almost over??