Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A shopping spree

Over lunch hour I went off to Mountain Equipment Co-op to pick up some goodies that I'll be needing for my long runs. When I trained for the 15K I only tried Jelly Belly Sport Beans, but this time I am keen to see what else I can work with. First up I grabbed a couple packs of Sharkies fruit chews - one in fruit splash, the other in berry blast. These seem to have more electrolytes in them than a few other products I looked at, so I'll see how they work out. I also grabbed a couple of packs of Clif Shot Blocks - one in strawberry, the other in lemon-lime. I haven't been able to track down the Cola or Margarita flavors yet, so if anyone knows where to find them in Calgary, let me know. I haven't opted to try Gu or PowerGels yet. I'm just not sure I can wrap my head around the texture... We'll see how these other products work out.

This afternoon I hit the Bow River pathway again for my 4.5 mi run. I started at Edworthy Park (around Bowness and Shagannapi), ran all the way east to the Crowchild Trail underpass, then returned back to Edworthy. It was a nice afternoon out and lots of people on the trails. My pace was super consistent the whole way through, so I was pretty happy about that. I have another 4.5 mi scheduled for Thursday. I'm not sure if I'll head back down to the trail, or if I'll tackle some hills in my neighborhood instead. Decisions, decisions...

No comments: