Friday, June 22, 2007

The Little Engine That Could

Wow, I'm not sure where this sudden burst of energy is coming from! I must make sure to conserve some of it for the Calgary Half Marathon coming up in two weeks. Yesterday I did some upper body weights, then drove downtown for some hill work at McHugh Bluff. It was pretty warm out -- 30 deg C (86 deg F). I parked the car, jogged for a mile over to the curling club, then ran up and down the hill four times (152 feet in elevation gain over 0.3 mi). Well, I use the word ran loosely. I sort of chugged to the top like the Little Engine That Could (I-think-I-can...). That's OK, I'll worry about speed later. I then jogged the mile back to the car to complete 5 mi for the night. Then it was time to reward myself with some Vietnamese food. Yummy...

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Ian said...

Best of luck at the upcoming Calgary Half Marathon in a couple of weeks.

teacherwoman said...

Nice job! way to stay positive!.... I think I can...