Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Slow Tuesday...

Honestly my legs have been feeling a bit tired lately. I gave the legs a bit of a rest, but then got out on Tuesday for my scheduled 5 mile run. I opted to head out to Shouldice (again) because it is so nice and flat out there (plus I really do like running by the river). We had a thunderstorm warning in effect last night, but the sky was clear and blue, no sign of an impending storm. I think after last Tuesday's thunderstorm and flash flood that a lot of people opted to stay home because the pathways were eerily quiet. I ran nice and slow, and felt great the whole way. No tired legs. I have to say I really enjoyed the quiet to think and look around at the scenery.

I'm excited about my Banff Citizen's 10K this weekend. The course has an alternate route, just in case of animal activity along the primary pathway through Sundance Canyon. Interesting, eh? The only bad part is the forecast is calling for rain and a high of 48 deg F. Here's hoping the forecasters are wrong...

No comments: