Thursday, August 16, 2007

Going through race withdrawal

My next race is not until September 9 (the Ryka Iron Girl - Seattle - 10K) and I'm getting some itchy feet to run a race again. I haven't been able to find anything that really works well with my training schedule though. The Robert Hamilton Memorial 5 mi and 10 mi road race is on Sunday August 26th is the closest thing coming up, but it still would have required a bit of schedule jiggling. Dawn (aka Pink Chick) suggested volunteering which sounded like a fabulous idea to me. So there we go - I'll be at the race - not sure doing what exactly, but I expressed an interest to help out at the finish line since I've court marshaled and water stopped before. Might as well try something new.
---
I did wind up signing up for another race though. The end of October, beginning of November is now going to be race crazy... I have the Nike Women's Half Marathon October 21st. Then the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 13K at Disney World on October 27th. Finally the Banff Winterstart 5 mi night time run caught my eye some time ago, I just wavered on signing up. I actually booked a hotel in Banff in case I wanted to run the race all the way back in early July. Today I decided to take the plunge and sign up since it was starting to fill up and I'm not sure if they cap the race. I am registrant number 731. I will really have to take it easy on this race because I'll have a 15 miler to run the day after. I hear this event in Banff is a lot of fun though so I couldn't pass it up (plus I hear you get beer tickets after the run - which will make that 15 miler feel even better). Wow....two night time races in back to back weekends. Should be interesting!

2 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

Wow! I am totally not a racer and have to really force myself to do races... which seems odd, what the heck am I running all these miles for! Maybe I need to reconsider.

No Wetsuit Girl said...

Thank god for volunteers (especially ones who know what they're doing). I couldn't think of a better way to spend a Satur/Sunday morning.

In the meantime you can really buckle down and focus on training, right?

Good luck at the races!