Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sometimes life takes over...

This week has been pretty crazy busy on the work front. I'm in a course learning about waterflooding the entire week, but deadlines still ensue at the office. Monday I attempted to rush to the extreme south side of town to pick my pups up from kennel, rush home to the extreme north side of town and rush to my first Fit Ball class that Instructor S is teaching. I picked the wrong way to get home and making it to Fit Ball didn't happen. S was going to do a quick 20 min jog after the class and I wanted to let her know how my race went on the weekend, so I did head out to the community center in time to make it for the group run. I think that counted for about 1.8 miles or so. Tuesday I only had 3 miles on my plate so it was out to Baker Park for a quick run. I felt pretty good tackling the big hill in the park and my pace progressively sped up throughout the run. Yesterday was Discover Yoga. I missed the first class last week as there were going away beverages for a fellow coworker and I just wasn't able to make the 5:45 pm start. Lucky for me I found out that if you are registered for a class and you miss a session you can make it up at any other class that allows drop ins so at least I know I didn't miss out. The yoga class last night was really nice - fairly basic but we focused on making sure our posture was correct throughout the poses and I'm sure we'll be building from there. Tonight I should be getting a run in - just a quick 2-3 miles or so - but I'm not sure it will happen. My old Spanish teacher from grade 7 and 8, KP, is coming into town for one night only and we are meeting up for dinner. KP left teaching soon after she left my school and she works in the music business now. She's coming in to check out this band called Chucky Danger playing at the Liberty Lounge tonight. I have an invite to go to the show, but they don't play until 11 pm. I think that my days of partying like a rock star on a school night are over because otherwise I won't make it through waterflooding on Friday at all... Maybe I'll be able to squeeze a run in after dinner, but we'll see. This weekend is my first major back to back SLR-LLR...

1 comment:

RunToTheFinish said...

Amen! Life has been nutty here too, work is creeping into my after hours and I'm not really a fan. :)