Monday, March 10, 2008

The after effects of DST

Is anyone else having a rough time after the time change yesterday? Most of my floor at work here has already copped to feeling like walking, talking zombies. Interesting that the whole "clocks foward" thing can have such an impact.
Upon arriving at work I noticed a poster on the wall trying to recruit for our next blood drive. Here's an interesting factoid for you all...I cannot donate blood. At all. Ever (at least in the forseable future). Why not? Because I spent a cumulative total of more than three months in the UK between 1980 and 1996 so I could possibly have contracted variant Creutzfeldt Jakob Disease (aka Mad Cow Disease). In fact I lived there between 1982 and 1983 and 1988 to 1993. The same policy applies in both Canada and the US. Interesting, eh?

4 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

I really didn't think it would bother me but when the alarm went off... i was like, no way am I running this morning.

TNTcoach Ken said...

I love it! The more sunlight after work............

Sonia said...

That 1h really screwed me up!!

Danielle said...

You know, it's weird, but DST doesn't usually affect me till 2 or 3 days after and I have been going to bed still pretty early (since I get up early it works pretty easy for me).