Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hot Yoga

Boy, how swiftly things can change in this town. Yesterday afternoon...snow. Today, sunny and 12 deg C (53 deg F) outside. I ran my errands in capri pants, a t-shirt and a light jacket. Glorious! This afternoon I went for a great massage - I think this combined with the visits to the chiro has really helped to work the kinks out in my legs. The massage wasn't a comfortable one by any means, but she really worked out a lot of knots and tension in my legs. Afterwards I decided to suss out a different yoga studio in town to try out some hot yoga. 90 min in a heated room...holy smokes do you sweat a lot! I found it really invigorating and relaxing at the same time. I stepped away from yoga a few months ago but I really believe I need to get back into it more as I'm sure it really helps to keep my muscles nice, loose and flexible. Tomorrow...the Calgary Police 5K!

3 comments:

Angry Runner said...

Hot Yoga= When I am there, in the class. Otherwise, it's just yoga with the thermostat turned up.

Also, you can still use "gal" as much as you want. You're not THAT old my dear Leana.

teacherwoman said...

Ooh, you are dealing with some weather there as well!

I need to get into some sort of yoga... it just feels soo good and does a body good! :)

Danielle said...

I really need to get back to regular yoga too. I think I have a lot of issues that could be resolved with it.

I'd love a good massage...I so need to do it!!