Thursday, July 17, 2008

Checking Out The Y

This morning I got my behind to the YMCA bright and early...I was signing in at 5:40 am! I jammed my stuff in a locker and headed into the pool. They had three lanes open for swimming and it was so quiet. I shared my lane with only one other person the entire time. It felt so peaceful...and so different from the city pool on Tuesday when I kept passing some slow pokes on every other lap in the medium speed lane. My favourite thing about the Y? They have this snazzy centrifuge thing that wrings all of the water out of your swimsuit. I got 1250m in before heading to work this morning.

7 comments:

Sonia said...

great workout! That spinning thing sounds neat! =) I love it when the pool is so calm, at 3PM there are lots of kids jumping in and yelling... but nobody in the lanes so I guess that's kind of a tradeoff!

TNTcoach Ken said...

I would have fallen asleep and drowned. 5:40 and doing anything that requires effort is crazy! Great job Swimmer Leana.

Tea said...

I love those early morning swims. It is such a great way to start your day.

Tea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Leana,

I get exhausted reading your activities. You're gonna rock that triathlon. Thanks for sharing!

If you're willing to pay for shipping, we can arrange Girl Scout Cookies for you next February.

Our family goes hiking when time permits. Lots of scenery here on Oahu. We're newly into Geocaching. And we bike once in a while, although I ride to work when work schedule permits me to. Only 2.5 miles each way.

By the way, my younger Princess is LeAnn. Pretty close to your name, LOL.

Did you decide if you'll run to the Disneyland Half? If so, you should be starting your trek soon. LOL.

Aloha,
Jeff
mkymsehi

Speed Racer said...

Yippee for early morning swimming! Yippee for the Y! Yippee for Runner Leana turning into her superhuman Tri Leana form!

RoadBunner said...

I am so impressed you get up so early! Sounds like the Y is the perfect fit for you.