Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Really sockin’ it to my legs!

Wow…if my legs weren’t mad at me before after yesterday’s stair workout, they definitely are now!  Tonight’s spin class with Angie was intense!!  We had a big strength night.

14 minutes of single leg exercises.
10 minutes of alternating 30 seconds standing, 30 seconds sitting…simulating a big, long hill climb.
Big gear pyramids – 1:00, teeny rest, 2:00, teeny rest, 3:00 all in a big gear.
2 x 4 minutes at a 40K time trial effort.
1 minute big gear intervals.
Somewhere in there we also fit in some squats off the bike.

It was a tough workout, but I loved every minute of it.  In fact, when we were doing the 30/30 stand/sit exercise Angie looked at her sheet and proclaimed that surely she couldn’t have meant 10 minutes.  Tara and I looked at each other and said that we’ll need to be able to climb for longer than 10 minutes at Ironman Canada, so let’s go for it!  I’m sure some of the folks in my class were shooting daggers my way, but honestly that part of the workout was probably my favourite.  Closely followed by 14 minutes of single leg.

Another one of my favourite parts of the class?  The music!  Every few weeks Richelle e-mails me and asks for spin class song suggestions.  We used one of Richelle’s playlists, and it sounded like a Leana’s greatest hits evening!  If I hadn’t suggested a particular song to Richelle there was a 99% chance that I had that song on my iPod already.  I was singing and bobbing my head the entire class.  It was awesome!!  What was on the playlist?

Darude – Sandstorm (taking me back to 2001…), Kevin Rudolph – Welcome to the World, Does It Offend You, Yeah? – Dawn of the Dead, Guru Josh – Infinity, Black Eyed Peas – I Gotta Feeling, The Watchmen – Stereo

…and plenty more that are slipping my mind at the moment… 

And now if you’ll excuse me, I have to attempt to crawl up the stairs to get to bed!

17 comments:

joyRuN said...

Have no idea what that commenter above me just said.

Your legs have got to be AWESOME strong to get through that spin class after hammering through that stair workout the day before!

Julie said...

WTF about first comment eh? Looks like some top secret government code....I think it says, "Leana, you are a hardcore workout monster. Keep socking it to your legs because they can take it. You are going to rock the IMC course." LMAO!!

:) :) :) :) :)

teacherwoman said...

Way to push yourself on the bike. You know what you need to do to condition your body for Ironman!

Wes said...

Yes, I agree with norbertothorstman....

Keith said...

That first one is spam.

What an awesome workout! Holy crap, I'd be a puddle after that. Squats off the bike are brutal!

Once again the music list proves I need to get out more. All those names are new to me.

Meg said...

Nice work!!

Marlene said...

Holy intense workout! Great music makes it so much more fun.

Lily on the Road said...

Sounds awesome, good for you.

I don't know about you, but I'm considering putting word ver back on my blog...there are just sooo many weird comments being left lately.....

ya, think?

Mel-2nd Chances said...

wow, that's a hardcore workout! Well done. I gotta check out some of those tunes too :)

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete said...

That sounds like an awesome spin class!! I hope my class feels the same way after I teach mine!! ;)

Tea said...

wow. IM Canada huh? That is absolutely awesome! You are my hero!

Marci said...

That sounds like such a great spin class! I need to get back to the saddle!

Brian said...

Great class! and the soundtrack for spinning classes dont seem too bad!

Charisa said...

That single leg stuff is hard, but so good.

Badgergirl said...

Intense! Awesome job!

Aaron Cunningham said...

Your're a crazy woman. That soulds like an amazing workout.

If you have a chance, could you talk about what you are doing for your single leg exercises? I'm just heading back to the gym, and need some ideas...

My one legged box stepups, and one legged box jumps could use some variety.

Ryan said...

You did 14 minutes of single leg drills??? Yikes...I'm a cyclist and I have NEVER done that much.


Animal!