Can you believe it is November already? Where has this year gone? It seems to be flying by in the blink of an eye.
My goals for October were to:
- Continue to get comfortable with running again. I signed up for two 10Ks in October to keep me motivated.
- Create a training plan that incorporated three days of running, up to three days of spinning and two strength workouts per week. Attempt to follow that plan!
I did a pretty good job of following the plan I laid out for myself and I felt great along the way. I wasn't sure if that many workouts would be asking too much of my body but I feel like every single one of my workouts has been a quality one. The spinning and strength training is definitely helping my running. I can tell that slowly but surely my legs are starting want to go a bit faster.
In October I:
- Ran 57.82 mi in 11 hours, 33 minutes
- Cycled 9 hours, 9 minutes
- Went to 7 early morning strength classes
My hopes and plans for November are to:
- Start building the mileage on the long runs. It is time to start building to the Disney Half Marathon in January!
- Keep on doing what I'm doing with spinning and strength training.
- Focus on what I'm eating a bit more. I'm eating out more often than I'd like. I'd really like to start doing a better job at meal planning and having things on hand so I don't have to resort to eating out as an easy fix.
- Drink more water!
- Monitor my health and wellness. I've been using the Sleep Cycle app on my iPhone to monitor how much sleep I'm getting and its quality. I definitely notice a difference between getting 6 hours and 7 hours of sleep and the alarm system on the app means that I'm waking up at just the right time. I'm jumping out of bed instead of hitting snooze. I also recently ordered the Withings wi-fi body scale (awesomely reviewed by DC Rainmaker) to help monitor my weight. Of course all of the sleep and weight data then goes in to Training Peaks so I can see what happens with that and my training.
What are your goals for November? Do you have any tips or tricks to help me with my trickiest goal of all - focusing on eating better and not eating out as much?